Retired Librarian Ruth Umbarger
demonstrates the card catalog and microfilm in our
(Picture is from before the Library Renovation)
The objectives of this Society shall be:
- To create and foster an interest in genealogy.
- To preserve genealogical and historical data.
- To aid individual members in compiling family genealogies.
- To establish and maintain a genealogical library,
- To furnish the Iowa Genealogical Society information for publication.
- To cooperate with any group or individual interested in furthering genealogical research.
- The Society shall operate as a non-profit organization as required for tax exemption under the laws which apply.
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
9:00 am to 12:00 noon -- 1:00 to 4:00 pm
Mason City Public Library,
Mason City, Iowa
Using Main entrance, turn left at
the Main desk, the door to our new
facilities will be on your left, near the computer area.
The library requires guests and members to sign a guest book to provide for a daily use record.
Ample free parking.
Our Genealogy Society MEETINGS are open to interested members of the public.
The 2nd Saturday of each month at 1:30 p.m.
The Board Room of the Mason
City Public Library
225 2nd St SE, Mason City, Iowa (downtown)
(Unless otherwise noted.)
Membership includes a free e-mail address with our domain name ncigs.org.
includes four issues of the Genie-Bug!
our society newsletter (e-mail and postal mail available)